I was tagged by Tiffany a while ago, so here goes: Sorry it took so long!!!
My 3 Joys
1. My best friend in the world. My husband. It is so amazing to have this wonderful relationship with someone who you couldn't imagine your life without. Sometimes I wonder what I've done to deserve him. He is the best and he helps me out so much. I always tell my kids they have the best dad in the whole world, and it's true!!!
2. Sometimes, my 4 children are my greatest joy!!! ;-) J/K. Every day is full of adventures and funny things they say or do. I'm not saying life with 4 crazy kids is easy, but at least once a day, there's that sweet moment where Brooklyn hugs Mason, or Tyler hugs me and tells me how beautiful I am or Elena goes on one of her cleaning sprees and organizes her whole room!!! It truly is wonderful having children, and as they grow, I seem to appreciate it even more!
3. Working out. I know that sounds crazy, unless you're a member of my family, we're a little obsessed with this! I love going to my 24 hour fitness, it's right up the street, and I love the classes they have there. I started about a year ago, going 6 days a week. My favorite class is the Core Central class. It's so amazing how much it's helped my body. Not that I look wonderful yet, but in another 6 months to a year, I will be down to my wedding size!!! That's the plan. I love the feeling I get from exercising and sticking with it, it's very rewarding!!!
I have so many, where do I begin....
1. Losing a child/spouse would definitely be the worst thing imaginable.
2. This a toss up between bees, sharks, bears, mountain lions, spiders, snakes, etc....basically anything dangerous. I know it's pretty stupid to be so scared of bees, those of you who know me I'm sure have many stories of me running at olympic speeds to get away from a bee. What's really funny, is when I do nothing, I get stung, but when I run, I never get stung! For example, we were at the beach a couple weeks ago, and I was wading in the ocean about knee deep when I felt a sudden stinging sensation on my leg. Sure enough, there was a bee stinger in my leg. So, when I'm doing nothing, it takes me by surprise!!!
3. Being alone. I hate if Scott goes out of town and I have to sleep alone. I know that's really immature, but it's like every scary thing I've ever seen or heard comes into my head at the moment I turn out the lights to go to sleep. It does help if I put Elena or Tyler in my bed with me. I know, what's a 6 or 8 year old going to do to protect me, right??? Sounds crazy, but I just feel better when they are there.
1. My biggest goal right now, especially after I have the baby is to get back to my wedding size.
2. Find a bigger house. Right now, we only have 3 bedrooms, and with the new addition coming soon, we really are feeling crammed in this house.
3. Read my scriptures every day with my kids. We are pretty good at this, but we usually end up missing 1-2 nights a week. I want it to be a perfect 7 days a week.
1. Obviously working out. But, I figure that's ok to obsess about. It's also a nice break from the kids every day. Not that I don't love my children, but I need a little "Me time!!!"
2. Baking. There is something so fun and comforting about baking.
3. Grooming my children. I am obsessed with the boys hair being short. I cut their hair once a month, this includes my biggest boy, Scott. I love the nice clean cut look. It drives me crazy when it gets long enough for them to wake up with bed head.
3 Random Facts
1. I've always wanted to be able to play the guitar. My son Tyler really wants to learn it too, so maybe in the next couple years we'll take lessons together!!! Nothing is hotter than a boy/man who plays guitar, so I think it will be a requirement for Mason too.
2. I went to a hypnotherapist to help me lose weight. I went one year ago, I lost 40 lbs, and I plan to lose at least 40 more!!! It was awesome. For those of you who know me, I'm sort of made out of chocolate. This became a horrible obsession and I knew it had to stop. So, I went to this place called Positive Changes, a hypnosis center. After my first appointment, I no longer had cravings for sweets, soda, or anything else that wasn't healthy for my body. It was amazing. And, for the first time in my life, I feel that it's a change that lasts forever.
3. I really wish we had little cousins close by for my kids to play with. It's sad, my kids don't really have a best friend. Don't get me wrong, we have friends, but sometimes I feel like they are more our friends than we are theirs. Does that make sense??
Anyways, this has fun hopefully you've enjoyed reading a little more about me!!!